GAE4-HA has ten Standing Committees. You may choose your committee assignment during the membership drive. The 2017 list is located on the website and may be accessed here.
The committees are:
- Diversity: provides diversity education for members to use in the workplace with youth programs
- Life Members: this committee is exclusively for GAE4-HA members that have retired from the Extension/4-H profession
- Media: inform GAE4-HA membership by keeping the Association connected by sharing impactful programs, achievements, and events that are vital to our Association.
- Member Recognition: promote professional awards process, assist with judging awards, and preparing awards for presentation at the annual meeting
- Oceans of Fun: works to plan, implement, and evaluate the Oceans of Fun program at the GAEL Conference each summer
- Policy and Resolution: reviews and maintains GAE4-HA by-laws and disseminates NAE4-HA professional development standards to members
- Professional Development: works to provide professional development workshops and updates throughout the year for GAE4-HA members; coordinates workshop and poster sessions during annual meeting
- Programs: gather and convey 4-H project suggestions and/or recommendations to appropriate specialist/staff
- Public Relations and Information: markets the 4-H profession by developing and sharing 4-H marketing items at county, state, and national level
- Research and Evaluation: works to provide resources and training on program evaluation and the latest research on positive youth development